BUTT (Broadcasters Using This Tool) is a very small piece of software that connects your sound card to your output. If you are broadcasting live, it sends the SOUND CARD signal to our live system. If you are recording, it simply records your show and posts it on your hard drive for later upload.
* CALL INS: Yes, you can use BUTT to include call ins; whether you use Skype or something else like FREECONFERENCECALLHD.COM where they provide you a free CALL IN TELEPHONE #. Basically, BUTT sends every signal including Skype calls from your sound card to the output.
Download Version 1.13 here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/butt/files/butt/butt-0.1.13
* Make sure you DO NOT use the latest version 1.14 because it does not work with our AirTimePro interface (some crazy bug thing).
LIVE BROADCASTING REQUIREMENTS - QUALITY
1. QUALITY CONNECTION: You will need a solid UPLOAD net connecting. 1.0 mbps or higher is recommended. Anything less and you risk a poor quality broadcast or choppy bad transmission. Net quality is critical for LIVE broadcasting. Test your net speed now at http://www.speedtest.net
2. BITRATE: The minimum bitrate you want to broadcast out is 64 kbps bitrate. 128 kbps bitrate is really good quality and great for songs.
- COMPLETE BROADCAST TUTORIAL: Using BUTT, SKYPE, and ZARA RADIO
- BUTT Settings
- SKYPE: How to set up with Butt.:
- STEREO MIX: How to install if you don't have it
AUDIO DEVICE SETTINGS: set it to STEREO MIX so that all sounds are taken from the sound card.
STEREO MIX: Enable it in your sound card
SECRET TIP: enable LISTENING on the Stereo Mix
CONNECTING USING BUTT - SETTINGS
To connect to BROADCAST LIVE you will need to connect to our AIRTIME.PRO system. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for all the info. We will walk you through it.